Cube Screens Layout
The Cube is one of the world's largest digital interactive learning and display spaces dedicated to providing an inspiring, explorative and participatory experience of QUT's Science and Engineering research.
The Cube consists of 48 multi-touch screens soaring across two storeys. Housed in QUT's Science and Engineering Centre, The Cube is your hub for scientific and digital exploration. Collaborating with QUT researchers and drawing on knowledge and data from research areas in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), The Cube facilitates opportunities for the public to discover, visualise and contribute to research projects. Environments will be replicated at a real-world scale, allowing the public, as 'citizen scientists', to experience real project scenarios and explore big questions of the 21st century.
The Cube inspires and engages the next generation of thinkers and doers with an extensive outreach to schools, including hands-on and interactive workshops and public programs for high school students and QUT undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Dedicated enterprise-class data centre
- 190 sq. metres of display surface, approx. 145 megapixels
- 14 high performance computers, with a total of 24 high powered CPUs utilising 2.5 TB of memory and 44 high-end gaming graphics cards
- 48 high definition touch panels with unlimited touch points
- 14 projectors
- 55 custom-made speakers
- 4 dedicated 10GB Ethernet networks
- Direct connection to AARNet and the internet